My Notes & Scriptural References:
Romans 12:9 NIV
Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.
– Love God
John 14:23-24 KJV
Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.  He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father’s which sent me.
– Seek to become more like God
2 Corinthians 3:18 KJV
But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.
– Understand that the wages of sin is death. Sin is your enemy. Sin is trying to kill you. Sin has the legal right to kill you both spiritually and physically.
Understand that sin is disobedience to God. Sin is rebellion against God. Sin is trying to separate you from God whom you love more than anything else in the world.
Romans 6:23 KJV
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
– Understand that sin is the reason for all the pain in the world; sin is the reason why some people are in hospital, since is the reason why some people are murdered, sin is the reason why everything bad that happens happens: because sin is the process of making bad things happen; because anytime man disobeys God bad things happen. Bad things happening are a result of disobedience to God. It’s not like God makes those bad things happen out of anger because he was disobeyed. It is because God’s instruction in the first place was to keep us from harm. It was to keep us in safety.
Sin is darkness, and Righteousness is Light.
– Sin is not part of your new nature in Christ it is a foreign force; an outside force it no longer belongs in you for you have been called out of darkness and you are now in the light.
1 Peter 2:9 KJV
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
– Walk in the Spirit and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
Galatians 5:16-17 KJV
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.  For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
Galatians 5:22-24 KJV
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,  Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.  And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
– The Spirit of God can make you walk in the path of righteousness and not veer off the path.
Philippians 2:13 KJV
For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
– You must starve your appetite for sin to death.
James 1:14 AMPC
But every person is tempted when he is drawn away, enticed and baited by his own evil desire (lust, passions).
– Replace your hunger and desire for worldly things with a hunger and desire for Godly things.
Matthew 5:6 KJV
Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Matthew 7:7-8 KJV
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:  For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
About “Breakfast With Alfred”:
The “Breakfast With Alfred” Audio Series is a broadcast that briefly highlights certain portions of books written by Pastor Alfred that give insight into Life & Everyday Living via the word of God.
To Get More Info On Topics Covered; Subscribe To Get Books By Pastor Alfred at www.PastorAlfred.com/subscribe
My Clothing Line: www.PastorAlfred.com/clothing
My Online Marketplace: www.alfredandfriends.com/marketplace